Uttarakhand is a dazzling sate, prominent for its charming beauty and pilgrimage. This place is a real paradise on the earth amidst of alluring White Mountains, rivers and lush green trees enhance the beauty of this exquisite sight. The moment when the icy mountains are covered with the fog gradually, that moment is really a breathtaking moment. Magnificent beauty of this place fascinates the people from the different corners of the world not only from its beauty but also from the religious point of view this place is most significant. The presence of sacred rivers Ganga at Haridwar, Yamuna and historical temples intensify its importance spiritually. People come there to pay their obeisance for their deity.
Uttarakhand is blessed with picturesque destinations like Dehradun, Nainital, Mussoorie, Rishikesh, Haridwar, Kedarnath, Badrinath, Almora, Kausani, Pithoragarh, valley of flowers national park and Ranikhet. Uttarakhand lies on the foothills of the Himalayas and share its territorial boundary with the province of Nepal, Uttar prdaesh, Haryana and Himachal Pradesh. Its capital city Dehradun is also known for railhead and it is also the largest city of the state. The largest part of the Uttarakhand is consolidated into two major kingdoms Garhwal and Kumaon. Uttarakhand is also known as “Dev Bhoomi” as most of the ancient Hindus temples are situated over here. It is also popular for its hill stations like Nainital, Mussoorie Rishikesh and Kedarnath.
Let’s have a glance view on the famous sights of Uttarakhand
- Dehradun: Dehradun lies in the Doon valley of Himalayas with adjoining two major rivers Ganga from the eastern side and Yamuna from western side. This place is spiritually connected with the tales of Ramayana and Mahabharata. It is believed that during the exile period and after the battle of lord Rama with Ravana, lord Rama came to this place and Dronacharya, the Guru of Pandavas and Kauravas was born in this place. The pleasant and exquisite atmospheric condition of this place makes it perfect destination for the tourists.
Attraction Point of Dehradun: Forest research institute, Sahastradhara, guchhu Pani, Tapkeshwar, Dehradun zoo, malsi deer park, Lachhiwala, Buddha temple and Asan Barrage.
- Mussoorie: This place has got the title of “Queen of Hills” for its splendid beauty. This pure land has the abundance of natural beauty of snowcapped Himalayas. The natural beauty of this place has mesmerizing effect on the tourists and compels them to visit again and again. The best trekking places are Bhadraraj, Benog hill, George everest, Yamun bridge.
Attraction Point of Mussoorie: Kempty falls, Jwalaji temple, happy valley, Lal tibba, gun hill and Mussoorie Lake are the famous places of this place.
- Nainital: The mesmerizing beauty of this place has lush green valleys, lakes and white snow mountains, perfect place to visit. Nanda Devi temple beside the lake is the magnificent place for the visitors. It is the best place for those who love vote riding which is really blissful. Very rare species of animals are also found in this place such as steppe eagle, snow leopard and Himalayan black bear.
Attraction Point of Nainital: Jim Corbett National Park is the biggest wildlife sanctuary which lies in the northern region of the Uttarakhand.Eco cave gardens, Tiffin top, Guano hills, and Sher-ka-Danda Ridge are the prominent sites of this place.
- Rishikesh: Rishikesh lies on the foothills of Himalayas beside the two rivers Ganga and Chandrabhaga. This is an amazing place to visit ancient temples, Yoga ashrams and ideal for adventurous things like White water rafting, camping, bungee jumping rock climbing, rappelling and kayaking.
Attraction Point in Rishikesh: Lakshman jhula, Ganga Aarti, Jumpin heights, Ram jhula, Triveni Ghat, Neelkanth Mahadev temple, Parmarth Niketan and Geeta Bhawan.
- Haridwar: This place is the soul of the Hindu religion as you enter here you will hear the chimes of the chanting mantras and sweet bells which purify the heart and soul. This place is blessed with the existence of Ganga which is sacred river of the Hindus. It is believed that this place is the gateway to meet lord Vishnu. This is the most significant pilgrimage of the Hindus. “Kumbh mela” which takes place after every three years, huge gathering is seen at that auspicious time.
Attraction Point in Haridwar: Har ki Pauri, Ganga Aarti, Mansa Devi Temple, Shantikunj, Chandi devi temple, Shankar Ashram, Chilla Range and Patanjali Yogpeeth.
- Kedarnath: This place is located above the Mandakini River. It is the holy place of Hindu religion famous for its Kedar Dham. Kedarnath Dham is one of the Dham in the “Char Dhams” of Hindus which lies in amidst of the white snow mountain ranges. The utmost or extremely difficult atmospheric conditions makes this place unique but inspite of having such conditions the pilgrims never gets discouraged to visit this divine place of their deity lord Shiva. This Dham is opened from last of April to the arrival of November. Kedar is one of the twelve Lingams of the deity lord Shiva.
Attraction Point in Kedarnath: Gandhi Sarovar, Triyugi Narayan temple, Bhairav temple, Gaurikund, Phata, Kedarnath helipad, Sonyprayag and Vasuki Tal.
- Badrinath: This is another religious place of the Hindus deity lord Vishnu and is situated in the Chamoli district of Uttrakhand. It is also one of the Char Dhams. This place lies in the centre of two mountain ranges Nar and Naryana. This place is also connected with Mahabharata because Pandavas passed through this place. This temple opens in the month of the April and due to extreme climatic conditions its opening and closing time changes.
Attraction Point in Badrinath: Surya Kund Badrinath, Vyas cave, Saraswati River, Pandukeshwar, Tapta Kund, Mat Murti temple and Ganesha cave.
- Auli: A thrilling place for skiing and other adventurous activities. During the winters this place gets covered with thick snow which makes this place as a heaven on the earth. It is really difficult to explain the commendable beauty of this place. The charming artificial lake and alluring beauty of mountain are really eye catchy moment for the visitors. From January to March this place fascinates the tourists the most because white icy slopes are the perfect for skiing.
Attraction Point of Auli: Auli ropeplay, Gorson Bugyal, Joshmath, Chattrakund, Chenab Lake, Auli Artificial Lake, Narsingh temple, Kwani Bugyal.